Generalate

The leadership of the whole Congregation – except for the United States, where already in 1877 a province was established – was since the foundation in 1859/60 by the General Superior and her Council.  Only in the years after 1920, as the Sisters in France, in the Netherlands and in Germany became independent provinces, also the role of the General Leadership was changed.

1863 - 1949

 

mutterhaus neu

The location of the Generalate still remained for a time in the Motherhouse in Salzkotten, Germany.

1949 - 1967

 

liboriushaus

The Generalate was transferred to Paderborn, Germany.

1967 - 1988

 

In 1960 during the General Chapter the decision was made to transfer the Generalate to Rome.  After intensive pioneer work and a long building process, the Generalate was transferred to Rome in 1967.

1988

 

san alessio

After 20 years the Generalate that was built on the Via della Tenuta della Maglianella was sold to the Neo-Catechumanates and at the same time another property was bought on Via di San Alessio, 22-24, that since 1988 has been the Generalate.

Go to top